header-menu


Pages

Thursday, February 13, 2014

NYFW Coverage: Noon by Noor Fall/Winter 2014


Fun is the word that comes to mind when pondering over the Noon by Noor show during this NYFW. I wish I could say it is because they had crazy cutouts and bright colors that could blind from a mile away, but I would be lying. To be honest, Noon by Noor's collection wasn't spectacular, but there was definitely an element there that made me wanting more once the runway lights dimmed and the bright florescents came back on. 

Between the shiny embellishments, soft materials, and bright hues, I felt like I was sitting more at a J. Crew store than a Noon show. I understand both designing companies are similar in femininity aspects, but this collection just seemed too reminiscent of every time I open the "Crew" catalog. With that said, I am in no way hating the line, just stating the obvious similarities I found. The collection was quite nice all in all, and some pieces have the the power to make a person want to get dolled up and party the night away. After all, I did say it was fun! 

Plus, anyone that can make yellow look amazing, should get props just for accomplishing that task. If not handled correctly, this color can turn from bright and happy to banana like and frumpy. Just ask Lena Dunham and Zac Posen. (I know they tried, but it just wasn't the right color for her complexion) At the Noon show, yellow was seen in various ways from a peplum dress to sharing spaces with a gray blazer or textile patterned pant. It was just the right amount of summery warmth mixed with wintery cold. 

Favorite Thing: Oh the Embellishments 
Give me a cardigan, or anything for that matter, with chic embellishments and you've got yourself a winner. Without these little details, the line would have fallen flat. With them, well that's a whole other story. Every ensemble that featured either a detailed encrusted sweater or skirt or even cardigan, was love at first sight for me. It gave them that extra oomph that colder weather clothing may need at times.

Not Loving it: Why so Wrinkly? 
Some of the items such as the pants or gowns were a little less fitted and little more baggy than I would have liked. It seemed that they would wrinkle in a very uncomplimentary way coming down the runway. If they looked badly during a fashion show, how would these particular designs handle a real life event during the day or evening? Oh and not to mention how most of the skirts and dresses constantly kept creeping between the legs of the models. That would be way too frustrating for me to wear. 







Photo Credit: George Chinsee

Photo Credit: George Chinsee

Photo Credit: George Chinsee

Photo Credit: George Chinsee

Photo Credit: George Chinsee


No comments:

Post a Comment