header-menu


Pages

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

NYFW Coverage: Big Sweaters and Purple Hues Trend Forecast

If you are a fan of sporting sweaters that could possibly swallow you whole or donning purple once in a while, then odds are this past NYFW was the one for you. Aside from the over abundance of fur, fake and real alike, being captured on a plethora of street style vixens outside of Lincoln Center, on the runway, however, there were a couple of trends that were being seen more often than Miley Cyrus's tongue. If you haven't figured it out. That's A LOT!

The first one I noticed were large sweaters. By large, I mean exactly that. They are the type of sweaters that you throw on for a rainy day, while the sleeves cover your hands and leaving you enough room underneath to store all the boy bands you like, for cozy rendezvous later on. I won't complain about this future trend because honestly, I love them. Their comfortable and easy to wear over almost anything. For fall and winter throw one over a pair of leggings with some boots and accessorize with a scarf. Wallah! An outfit that can be worn, anywhere from a college campus to a casual day at work, is born.

Photo Credits: mbfashionweek.com

Remember that girl in Willy Wonka that ends up blowing up and turning into a blueish hue of violet? Well, I was afraid that's what was going to happen to me when I saw all the constant purple pieces coming down the runway. It wasn't even one shade of this color, but multiple. Violet, lavender, lilac, pretty much the whole purple clan came to this family reunion. This made me wonder, did all these designers just call each other up and mention that this color would be the way to go? Who knows? Of course, the timing couldn't be any better since Pantone's 2014 "Color of the Year" is Radiant Orchid. So pull those purple pieces out next fall and winter because I love you and you love me. We're a big purple family. I think that's what Barney sings. Right? 

Photo Credits: mbfashionweek.com

No comments:

Post a Comment