header-menu


Pages

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Haute Holidays: Christmas Outfit Ideas for Day and Night

Photo Credit: Kristin Fehrman

This holiday season I decided to post articles that include holiday ensembles for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years Eve. To help show readers how to get that perfect holiday look, blogger of K on the Bay, Kristin Fehrman collaborated with Lucy & Camilla to showcase some of her ideas for possible ensembles. Here are her favorites day and night looks for Christmas. 
Favorite Christmas food- I love the roast my family makes every year. We always have the greatest Christmas Day meal. It's so much fun to all be together and enjoy a great dinner.  
Favorite go-to holiday style item- Sequins! I love this sequin skirt for a night piece- also, sequins double as the perfect New Years' Eve ensemble. 
Affordable places to get that signature holiday outfit- Zara, Ann Taylor or Forever 21. There are so many options at all 3 stores- plus, they have huge holiday sales!  
Favorite Christmas tradition- I love waking up Christmas morning and spending time with my mom. It's before all the Christmas chaos begins, and it's wonderful just to spend some time with her exchanging gifts, chatting, and having a cup of coffee or tea.

Photo Credit:  Kristin Fehrman

I bundled up for a work-appropriate day look while still feeling chic for the holidays. I adore preppy reds, navys and whites and this skirt is the perfect mix with pops of red. I added a matching navy scarf and hat to pull the look together, and of course sported my favorite over-the-knee boots with Karen Walker sunglasses. It's amazing what a girl can do with a basic cardigan by pairing it with a fun skirt and accessories!
Photo Credit: Kristin Fehrman
Photo Credit: Kristin Fehrman
Photo Credit: Kristin Fehrman
Photo Credit: Kristin Fehrman

I'm a Christmas baby, and I had an amazing New York City birthday surprise this past weekend! I flew into NYC on Friday night and was shocked by the record temperatures. I chose a basic black top and sequin Ann Taylor skirt with booties for an evening look that is versatile enough to wear during the day, too. This sequin skirt is perfection and can easily be worn with a tank and bare-legged for a night on the town.


Photo Credit: Kristin Fehrman
Photo Credit: Kristin Fehrman
Photo Credit: Kristin Fehrman